Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'm Back

Sorry about the lack of posts. I just finished all my applications to Grad School. So, now I can get back to Illustrating. I'm going to finish the gorilla painting this weekend (I hope), and I'll put that up during the week. For now, here's a portrait of Orson Welles I did for someone awesome.
If anyone cares, there's a little inside joke in this painting. On the pipe are the letters TL - which stand for Turkey Leg. We (meaning me and the "client") used to joke about what happened to Orson Welles. He started out as a dashing young director who made the greatest movie ever, then somehow gained 100 pounds, grew an awful beard and was the voice of Unicron in the Transformers movie. What happened was all the turkey legs he ate. That's what did him in.

No comments: